Maximum Reach Quiz No. 15
2. For long boom erection or for capacity lifts, most crane manufacturers recommend lifting over the front of the crawlers with the idler tumblers blocked.
3. Crane mats are not shown under the tracks for clarity.
1. What are the three advantages of blocking the front idler tumblers.
2. To correctly block the idler tumblers, should blocking be placed as shown at location:
a______, b_______, or both_________
3. To prevent the crawlers from rolling backward during erection, should the following type of blocking be used:
c_______, d________, or neither_______
Maximum Reach Enterprises